Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Trying to Simplify Life...

simplify: to make less complex or complicated; make plainer or easier

"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak." - Hans Hofman

So...I am really wanting to make life more simple. And while I keep a fairly tidy house, I have lately been looking around and seeing all of the stuff that we have accumulated over the years. I mean, I have a 9-foot long, 3 shelf high bookcase that is FULL. Do I need all those books? I think not. I also have two other tall bookshelves that are also full...as well as a large stack of library books, a basket of books borrowed from my mom, etc. And cookbooks...I don't even want to go there. I love to cook, don't get me wrong, but do I really need shelves full of cookbooks. Again, I think not. (Do you see that I have a "problem" with books?)

And so my quest to simplify, declutter and - hopefully - destress my life begins. And since the kitchen is where I spend the most time, I suppose the decluttering should start there. And the worst offender is the refrigerator. It contains no books but it drives me utterly nuts! And so I am off to clean it out and organize it to the hilt. I have to make room for all those fresh veggies I now get every week from our veggie co-op. I may even be brave enough to post before and after pics, though the before pics will be embarrassing!

After the fridge, I might have to take a look at those cookbooks. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment