Search This Blog

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Apple Crisp

I got this recipe from a kids' cookbook published by Gold Medal flour when my kids were young. Serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Yummy!

4 medium unpeeled or peeled cooking apples, sliced (about 4 cups)
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup quick-cooking or regular oats
1/3 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I usually use pecans...and probably more than 1/3 cup)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (I always used salted butter)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spread the apple slices in an ungreased 8-inch square pan. Mix remaining ingredients with a fork (or your hands, like me); sprinkle over apples. Baked uncovered until the topping is golden brown and apples are tender, about 30 minutes. Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment